If you want to do a yard or tag sale, contact RSDSA for an application. It is usually quickly approved.
- Ask other RSD/CRPS families in your area if they would be interested in helping. It's a great way to network with others who have RSD/CRPS.
- Collect yard sale items from families, friends, neighbors, strangers and anyone who is willing to donate items in good condition for your sale Ask family and friends to help on the day(s) of the sale.
- Consider putting out a letter/email to your friends and neighbors asking for donations. Many people have things they don't want to throw away but would be happy to donate to such a worthy cause.
- Be sure to include a raindate on all the posters and ads you place in the local newspapers and on Craigslist.
Fun and Fundraising
- Make signs that say: “All Proceeds Benefit the Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome Association, a 501 c 3 organization,” and place them on several tables and at check out so that everyone knows where the money is being donated.
- Tablecloths are a nice touch to the tables, it makes it classy!
- Request brochures from RSDSA that can be handed out at your sale. One of our goals is to promote greater awareness of RSD/CRPS.
- Play music while people shop— it is relaxing and encourages people to shop longer and buy more. Talk to your customers and explain why you are having this fundraising yard sale. Tell them how you are personally involved with RSD/CRPS and RSDSA.
- We have “Make Us A Resonable Offer” Yard Sales which have been very successful. We simply explain that we are raising money for research in hopes of finding a CURE or at least a treatment so our children and others don't have to live with chronic pain for the rest of their lives.
- Make it fun for the people who work at the sale. We sort all our donations into departments and have department managers.
- We give out awards to the “employee of the day” and “best salesperson” of the yard sale. We have challenges throughout the two day sale. We have lots of laughs and build lasting relationships with other RSD/CRPS families. We wash, sort, box and label all our donations prior to the day of the sale. It makes it easier to set up that day. Have a sign-up sheet where people can leave their names, addresses and email addresses if they are interested in being contacted for future yard sales and/or are interested in receiving more information about RSD/CRPS from RSDSA.
Have fun! Raise awareness! Raise money! Help RSD/CRPS patients!!!
If you would like to chat about having a yard sale please call me at 781-771-2095 or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your help
Mother of Jodi who has had RSD/CRPS for 6 years.