Online Registration is Closed!
Join us at the Manassas Mall at “Entrance 1 by Uptown Alley” for the 3rd Annual Stomp Out The Flames of CRPS event. On May 19, 2019, between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., we will be walking to spread awareness and to raise money to help find a cure. Please come dressed in your finest orange, the more the better! We will also have face painting, music and a raffle. There are several prizes to win! So stick around for all the fun!
Register here and create team pages. Which team will be the largest? Which team will fundraise the most? Start a friendly competition and help a good cause! Registration includes a t-shirt for those that register in advance.
- Date: May 19, 2019
- Time: 1 pm
- Location: Manassas Mall in Manassas, VA (by the “At Home” entrance)
- Donate Now! Online registration is closed, All donations are still welcome!
- Walk-ins are welcome!
- Click Here to Download the Event Flyer
- Contact: Christina: email@example.com by email (During the week, Christina will respond after 4 p.m.)
About the Creator and Co-Creator of Stomp Out The Flames of CRPS Walk
My name is Christina, and I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). I was diagnosed with CRPS in October 2016 in my left ankle and foot. Following surgery to repair a torn tendon, I began to have unbelievable pain in my foot that was unlike any pain I had felt in my life. It took two and a half years for my surgeon to finally diagnose me with CRPS. I had lived with the pain of CRPS for those two and a half years not knowing what was wrong with me, praying for a diagnosis. My chances of remission, I have been told, are gone.
This event was the brainchild of my son, Hunter Fitzpatrick. He helped create the walk 3 years ago when I was diagnosed with CRPS to help me. Today, my hope lies in awareness. l work hard every day to try and live life to its fullest. I talk about CRPS every chance I can to everybody I meet every day I am alive. We may not have the lives we had before CRPS, but we have the lives we have after CRPS, and they are as good as we choose to make them one day at a time.
What Is CRPS?
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome is a chronic neuro-inflammatory condition that is generally caused by trauma, but can happen randomly. It has no cure, but is the most painful condition known to medicine today. It is debilitating and can cause extreme swelling, allodynia, hair/nail growth, and temperature change.
Gold: Marcia Turner O’Brien, Bronze: CMIT Solutions of Fairfax, Parkview Physicians Group Anesthesia, Orange: Burton & Sandra Haynes
- Oska Wellness: Thank you Oska for donating a new Oska Pulse ($400 value) to be raffled at the walk. According to Christina, “The Oska has lowered her pain level by 75%, although she’s had some recent CRPS flare ups.” Christina believes the Oska has enabled her to reduce her pain meds by 75%.”
- Pittny Creative, LLC
- Gold level In-Kind Donation: Kristin Nicoles’ Masterpieces