Please join us on the RSDSA Facebook Page , Wednesday, November 10th at 7pm Eastern to hear from Becky Curtis, NBC-HWC. Founder and CEO of Take Courage Coaching as she discusses pain coaching, her topic will be 14 Miles from Wisdom: Things I Learned by Accident.
In the summer of 2005, a violent, work-related, rollover car accident in Montana’s remote Big Hole Valley caused a C4 spinal cord injury that nearly took Becky’s life. After the fight to stay alive and months of recovery from physical injuries, she began suffering excruciating, burning nerve pain. As the chronic central pain reached its peak two years later, she faced the hopelessness of living the rest of her life in constant, horrific pain. Narcotics soon lost their effectiveness and made coping more difficult.
Becky went through a pain clinic where she learned pain was an experience she could improve. She continued to research pain and collaborate with her medical specialists. But she recognized a piece that was missing for most people in pain: ongoing support and learning how to personally manage pain. She developed the program—Take Courage Coaching™—to help people in pain achieve the skills she used.
Becky has presented her coaching case studies and data and the TCC™ program at State and International conferences such as PAINWEEK. Her presentations are sought by physician groups, caregivers, and payer groups; and she has trained groups—including providers at Vanderbilt Dayani Center for Health and Wellness at Vanderbilt Medical Center—to incorporate pain-specific coaching into patient care.
If you have a question that you would like him to answer, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date: Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Time: 7:00 pm (EST)
- Location: com/rsdsa– from your computer, tablet, or phone. The video will be pinned to the top of our page.
- You do not need a Facebook account to view this live event. If you don’t have an account, you will not be able to ask questions.
- If you miss the live event, it will be available on Facebook via our “Live” video tab. You can re-watch it on mobile and desktop.
- All of the videos can be viewed on from the RSDSA website here or on our YouTube channel.