Join us as we speak with Dr. Beaudoin about Emergency department care for patients with chronic pain.
Francesca L. Beaudoin MD, MS, PhD is an Associate Professor and Interim Chair of the Department of Epidemiology, and an Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine and Health Services, Policy and Practice. Dr. Beaudoin is a board-certified practicing emergency physician and clinical epidemiologist with expertise in opioid use disorders and adverse post-traumatic health outcomes, particularly pain and substance use. She is Principal Investigator of multiple federal and private grant awards including “Implementing Statewide Emergency Department Care Pathways for Addiction Recovery after Opioid Overdose (R01CE003149)” and a large clinical trial of “ED-based behavioral interventions following opioid overdose: The impact of peer navigation on treatment engagement, relapse, and recovery” (Arnold Ventures Foundation). Dr. Beaudoin has written and implemented practice management policies for health care systems on pain management and opioid prescribing, and has served as a member of the Food and Drug Administration Anesthetic and Analgesic Drug Products Advisory Committee. She has partnered with small businesses to innovate new approaches to solving key public health problems such as the opioid epidemic and was the PI of a NIH STTR award to help develop and evaluate a mobile peer recovery support application. She collaborates with state stakeholders such as the Rhode Island Department of Health and the Governor’s Task Force on Opioid Overdoses and is a Senior Medical Advisor to the Institute for Clinical and Economic Review (ICER).
- If you have a question that you would like him to answer, send us an email at email@example.com.
- Date: Monday, September 27, 2021
- Time: 7:00 pm (EDT)
- com/rsdsa– from your computer, tablet, or phone. The video will be pinned to the top of our page.
- You do not need a Facebook account to view this live event. If you don’t have an account, you will not be able to ask questions.
- If you miss the live event, it will be available on Facebook via our “Live” video tab. You can re-watch it on mobile and desktop.
- All of the videos can be viewed on from the RSDSA website here or on our YouTube channel.