Join CRPS Warriors Jim Doulgeris, Marni Cartelli and Nancy Shurtleff for an introduction to advocacy.
Advocacy is the opportunity to take control of your CRPS by reaching out to your representatives and shape policy issues important to the CRPS community.
Everyone has a story to tell and you can use yours to raise awareness and advocate for our community. We will discuss how to shape your story into an effective voice for communicating on legislation that affects your life.
Advocacy is easier than you may think as it is simply public support for a particular cause. You can make a difference!
Our guests include:
Jim Doulgeris: Since retiring after 35 years in CEO roles for healthcare providers from hospitals to accountable care organizations, Jim is applying his extensive healthcare industry, scientific and medical knowledge on advising healthcare companies as a member of corporate and advisory boards. Having been a popular speaker on healthcare subjects from population health to using healthcare analytics, he is also widely published, interviewed and an advisor to two U.S. House of Representatives members as a thought-leader on health care issues.
Nancy Shurtleff: Nancy is a CRPS Warrior and member of RSDSA’s Advocacy Committee. She is one of six women who arranged and presented at RSDSA’s educational conference, Treating the Whole Person: Optimizing Wellness – La Jolla in 2016. She also spoke at our Treating the Whole Person: Optimizing Wellness – San Jose conference in 2018. Nancy is on the Board of Directors of The Woman’s Club of Laguna Beach and is the Director of Community Outreach.
Marni Cartelli: Marni worked in the medical profession until an injury on the job lead to CRPS. She came to realize that thanks in large part to my connection to the medical field, she received exceptional and timely care when many others with my condition do not. It has now become her goal to help minimize the disparities members of the disabled community experience in both access and quality of medical services.
If you have a question that you would like him to answer, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2021
- Time: 7:00 pm (EST)
- Location: facebook.com/rsdsa – from your computer, tablet, or phone. The video will be pinned to the top of our page.
- You do not need a Facebook account to view this live event. If you don’t have an account you will not be able to ask questions.
- If you miss the live event it will be available on Facebook via our “Live” video tab. You can re-watch it on mobile and desktop.
- Thank you for attending our three Facebook Live presentations. All of the videos can be viewed on from the RSDSA website here or on our YouTube channel.