2011 Rachel Tobias Young Pain Research Investigator Award
The Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome Association of America (RSDSA) requests applications for the Rachel Tobias Young Pain Research Investigator Award. The Fellow should have a MD and/or Ph.D. or comparable health science training, (post-doc/4th year resident through assistant professor), and have an interest in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) research.
Applicants must identify a specific project that is achievable over the course of the funding (up to 2 years). The fellowships will provide funding up to $50,000 per year for 2 years and are renewable after the first contingent on overall satisfactory progress towards project completion. Funding is intended for salary support and direct project-related expenses and does not provide institutional overhead.
- Have a MD and/or PhD or comparable health science training, (post-doc/4th year resident through assistant professor) in the area of pain,
- Have an interest in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) research.
- Must designate a research mentor (who will provide a letter of support) who has actively published chronic pain research preferably on CRPS
- Must devote at least 40% of time (2 days) to this research project
Each applicant must submit:
- a CV
- A letter of support (for both the applicant and her/his research) from the designated research mentor
- A copy of the mentor’s CV
- A detailed research plan
- Project abstract/summary
- A letter of support from Department Chair
The 1-page project abstract and lay person summary must describe precisely and clearly the rationale, objective, methods, and significance of the proposed research project, and how it relates to the goal of improving the understanding, diagnosis, or treatment of CRPS.
Deadline: January 1, 2011
Funding will commence July 1, 2011
Mail five copies of the full application packet to:
99 Cherry Street
Milford, CT 06460