Home > Newly Diagnosed
If you are newly diagnosed with CRPS (RSD) or suspect that you have CRPS, Here are some helpful resources for you.
RSDSA Information Packages
- To download your free Information Package – Click Here
- To download your free Pediatric Information Package – Click Here
- Doctors Referral Lists. Please call the RSDSA office (877.662.7737) if you need a list of doctors in your state that treat CRPS.
- Complex regional pain syndrome by Stephen Bruehl
- How CRPS Is Diagnosed by Dr. R. Norman Harden
- Medication Summary for Intractable Pain, CRPS/RSD by Nancy Sajben, MD
- Tips for Managing Complex Regional Pain Syndrome by Jim Ducharme, MD, CM, FRCP
- Read a helpful brochure that lists CRPS/RSD diagnostic criteria and an overview of treatments – Living with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- How to Understand Someone With Chronic Pain: In the spirit of informing those who wish to understand: These are some things that can help you to understand, and help, people who suffer from often debilitating, chronic pain.
- Review evidence-based Treatment Guidelines
- A helpful article: Coping with CRPS: Advise From Patients for Patients
- Article: Early Treatment of Acute Complex Regional Pain Syndrome after Fracture or Injury with Prednisone: Why Is There a Failure to Treat?
- Article: Prednisone for Acute Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: A Retrospective Cohort Study
- Article: Efficacy of Stellate Ganglion Blockade for the Management of Type 1 Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Article: Outcomes of Sympathetic Blocks in the Management of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- To request someone to call you, please send an email to email@example.com
- Important Articles & Videos for those are Newly Diagnosed
- Take this opportunity to read the RSDSA Community Update Newsletter.
- Sign up to become part of our community.
|Join Our Community|
Yes You Can… Becoming Your Own Advocate
This film stresses the importance of building an interdisciplinary treatment team and of the crucial need to become your own advocate for your care and recovery.
CRPS/RSD: Update on Treatments
Presented by: Pradeep Chopra M.D., Assistant Professor (Clinical) Brown Medical School, Director, Pain Management Center, RI
CRPS: A Different Approach Extended
Presented by: Philip Getson, DO a CRPS specialist from Marlton, NJ who has treated hundreds of individuals with CRPS throughout his career. He is a member of RSDSA’s Scientific Advisory Committee.
Sean Mackey, MD, PhD
Professor of Anesthesiology at Stanford University.
Brain Retraining and Mirror Therapy – RSDSA
Coping with CRPS: Tools and Tasks for a Better Day
The experience and impact of having CRPS and the need for early diagnosis and treatment
Living With Pain, Jill Harkavy-Friedman,PhD, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Dr. Harkavy-Friedman discusses the importance of developing a tool kit for living with pain, a tool kit for strategies while in severe pain, and a safety plan. The video also talks about depression, warning signs to watch for to know if a person is a suicide risk, and what can you you do.